Re: Top Five thread.

Instead of bitching about it, look up. I took both. Now continue instead tongue

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I wasn't actually trying to bitch about it.  I was just recognizing that:

1. I type too friggin slow

2. Dorkman beat me to it.

3. I don't have a top 5 for reasons to drink.

4. I was just trying to be funny.

Although, I can see it coming off a bit bitchy.

That said, I'll take a stab at it.

top 5 reasons to drink:

5. the dumbest movie in the world is on

4.  self- loathing or depression over a relationship problems.

3. Just because you're Irish

2. you've just been asked "does this dress make me look fat?"

1. because you know you got a beating coming so you use it to dull the pain.

top 5 sequels you want made.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

All excellent reasons, albeit the Irish one was the best.

Top 5 sequels I want made:

5. Incredibles 2
4. Monsters Inc 2
3. Golden Compass sequel
2. Inception 2
1. Pirates 3. No, not the 'of the carribean' series.

Top 5 funny names of people you've actually heard of/met in real life.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

1)  Pud Pad Noy Worawoot - famous old school Muay Thai instructor
2)  Carter Carter - Editor friend of mine.
3)  Jean-Jacques Machado - my old Jiu Jitsu coach
4)  Eddie Bravo - my current Jiu Jitsu coach
5)  Rich Crunkilton - MMA fighter.

Top 5 fonts.

Last edited by Eddie (2010-09-30 21:52:00)

Eddie Doty

Thumbs up Thumbs down

1. Helvetica
2. Century Gothic
3. Futura
4. Trade Gothic
5. Univers

Someone else do that list, too.

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

1. Futura
2. Bank gothic
3. Century gothic
4. Avant garde
5. Advent

...Not up to making another challenge this soon, so yeah, keep the fonts coming tongue

Thumbs up Thumbs down

1. Eurostile

2. Frutiger

3. Helvetic Neue

4. Miller Daily

5. Poynter Agate

Top five aspects of your job, or whatever you do for monies.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

1. Peripheral perks, hanging out with very cool, accomplished, or famous people.

2. Knowing your work is being seen by a lot of people. (This is also number two on the "bad things" list.)

3. The community is relatively small.

4. Variety.

5. Money.

If this list went to twenty, it still wouldn't include "seeing your work."

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

switch wrote:

God Damn it, Dorkman...

I SAID GOOD DAY!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I'm becoming to Dorkman what that one stalker was to Bjork, minus the facepaint.

For now.

Anyway, since Teague killed the thread:

Top five universes from film or literature or video games that you'd like to inhabit.

When.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Didn't we already cover that one?

ZangrethorDigital.ca

God dammit, Maul, fine.

Top Five historical figures of your sexual preference that you'd like to slip a few inches.

When.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Kyle wrote:

I'm becoming to Dorkman what that one stalker was to Bjork, minus the facepaint.

For now.

I have no idea what this means.

I know what you're referring to, but not what you're trying to say.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

1. Jeanne Antoinette Poisson
2. Anne Boleyn
3. Jeanne D'arc
4. Marilyn Monroe
5. Eve

Top five universes from film or literature or video games that you'd NOT like to inhabit.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Holy crap, that's... an eclectic list there vidina. Maybe you should speak with Councellor Troy (nevermind, you'd just wanna do her too). smile

1) 1984
The early 80s had some depressing movies. This is one of the worst. The rat cage (containing 2 very non-CG rats) on John Hurt's face at the end is the cherry on top.

2) Out of This World
Brutal alien slavers, dangerous animals, gladiatorial games. Not a nice place. There's a speedrun here.

3) Zardoz
The towns are ok but the countyside, not so much.

4) Stalker
By Tarkofsky. The city looks like a rundown, dirty factory and everyone's seriously depressed.

5) Videodrome
Toronto. What a shit hole.

BTW, where's Jeff? I'm getting nervous with him still 'marked for disposal' by Skynet. Remember, move around at night. As a last resort, if it gets too bad i can liberate you with my truck.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

DorkmanScott wrote:
Kyle wrote:

For now.

I have no idea what this means.

I know what you're referring to, but not what you're trying to say.

I'm becoming such a fan of your sarcasm that even your direct abuse makes me love you all the more.

Eventually the fact that I can't keep you in my basement and poke you with a sharp stick any time I want you to produce something brutally witty will drive me insane, and I'll broadcast my suicide by watching AOTC three times in a row.

When.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

STOP KILLING THE THREAD PEOPLE!7
zomg.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Food!*

I never asked the next top 5. I blame vidina, but i could be wrong.

Top 5 things, that are within the realm of possibility, you'd like to see happen while watching a DIF live 'show taping'.

*see Dorkman's comment during SW:TPM

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Top 5 things you'd like to see happen on camera during DIF:

5. Somebody laughing so hard that pop shoots out their nose!

4.  The Christmas lights fall from the ceiling thereby making the group have to start over again...

3.  The cat trying to attack the camera!

2.  a skipped disc error on the rented movie.  Causing all to say WTF.

1. An Earthquake happens live on camera during a commentary!

so yeah...  Top 5 songs to sing along to in the car on your way to work.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Regarding your list:

5. I do spit-takes sometimes. It's usually not even about the obviously funny jokes, either, so it's essentially at random. Expect the unexpected!

4. That wouldn't make us reset. We'd just spend five minutes talking about it before getting back to the movie.

3. Pretty unlikely, it's way up near the ceiling and she'd have to get in front of the TV on her way, so we'd spot her well in advance. Although she might attack the one that streams the timecode.

4. This has happened before. Both on THE MATRIX and THE FLY. Since getting a new disc player, and usually someone has to watch/refresh on the movie beforehand, we haven't run into any unexpected disc errors. In fact since the anniversary show -- in which we discussed show meltdowns shortly before having one -- we haven't had any real issues with the show. Which is good considering we've started doing it live.

5. Could happen. That would be awesome.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

5!,,,,,4!.....3!.....4!?....5?!?!?!

I'm so confused!!

ZangrethorDigital.ca

*giggle*

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Apparently Dorkman drives stick.

This is my brain on lack of sleep.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Since my rides to work are usually between 1-4 hours long and are taken solo or with another wacky pro wrestler type, much singing occurs.

5.  George Thorogood and the Destroyers- I Drink Alone.  I do an excellent George Thorogood and I enjoy drinking by myself more than is healthy.  This is a no brainer.  A wonderful air-saxaphone solo really tops the whole thing off.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpzqQst-Sg8&ob=av3e

4.  Pat Benatar- Invincible.   This song is on par with the battle speeches from Braveheart, 300, and Return of the King (all of which I have memorized).  On top of that, it's sung by Pat Benetar, and if you don't like her I will fight you.  I'm not joking.  And I'll listen to this song to psych myself for it, too, because I can't afford to be innocent and I'll stand up and face the enemy.   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utKMJ5OYfQQ

4.  Paula Abdul- Straight Up.  Some of you are laughing.  Some of you just aren't fucking COOL enough to do this song justice.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5A3yF0bjLo

3.  Boston- Foreplay & Long Time.  You're gonna wanna do this one alone or with a friend who won't judge, because you almost certainly aren't doing it justice (unless you're Fig's dad).  But god damn.  If this were an "air band" list, this would be at the very tippy top.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQifd7O_N5k

4.  The Bumblebee Tuna Song.  Once upon a time, Fig and I were teenagers, and weren't the vagina-hardened womanizers we are today.  He didn't work in Hollywood, and I wasn't an awesome independent pro wrestler.  We were just a couple of kids making horribly self-indulgent movies and riding around in his spruce Taurus, and this song was BLARED like none other in our collection.  Very few songs could bring a reaction out of the hot girls next to us at the red lights like this one.   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_Lrh6z-VDc

5.  You thought it was gonna be Journey, right?  Well it ain't.  And you're a fucking douchebag for thinking it would be.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=np0solnL1XY

Top five memories of your best friend.

Last edited by Kyle (2010-10-12 04:23:15)

When.

Thumbs up Thumbs down