Topic: Enhancement comments / concerns

Have an issue or comment about the latest format?  Here's the place!

Re: Enhancement comments / concerns

I didn't get the enhanced from iTunes... it seems. Should it be there?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I have no issues with the new format as I have no use for it personally.

But I think it's great that people who do, have the choice smile

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Zap: Yeah, Teague was having trouble getting the RSS feed to work with the new format, so for now folks who want it will have to get it from the site. sad

I was going to complain that the regular version wasn't even in the feed, but I see it's there now-must have been a delay while Teague played with trying to insert the enhanced version. I'm enjoying it, mostly as I'm usually watching the movie on my computer and can have the small iTunes window next to the film (not sure if having playback controls in the cover view is new in iTunes, but I like it ^_^). It is an addition that opens up lots of possibilities. For example, comments on what's being said as in Stephen Colbert's "The Word" segment when someone goes off on an un-researched tangent.

I write stories! With words!
http://www.asstr.org/~Invid_Fan/

Thumbs up Thumbs down

The feed should be working properly with m4a files now, although it's not obvious as to which one is which (it's the second one of the Salv files). I'll leave that one up to Teague to fix.

Anyway, if any of you guys are having problems with the feed not working with the enhanced file, lemme know.

"Most people don't even know what sysadmins do, but trust me, if they all took a lunch break at the same time they wouldn't make it to the deli before you ran out of bullets protecting your canned goods from roving bands of mutants."

-- http://stilldrinking.org/programming-sucks

Presumably fixed, presumably in the clear.

A big thanks to Matt for this awesome update to the show.
Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Holden posts!

Everyone take a drink!

I have my own drinking game? Sweet. Need to start posting more, then.

Also, nice avatar.

"Most people don't even know what sysadmins do, but trust me, if they all took a lunch break at the same time they wouldn't make it to the deli before you ran out of bullets protecting your canned goods from roving bands of mutants."

-- http://stilldrinking.org/programming-sucks

Thanks to everyone for the feedback; I think there's quite a bit that can be done with this, so keep those ideas coming!

I'll throw out my own thanks to Teague for embracing the idea and trying his damnedest to integrate it.  I kind of just threw this one out there not knowing if it would really fly, so I'm glad to see it take off like this.

Also big thanks to Holden for all his unsung work behind the scenes; if not for him the site would not be what it is today.  Glad to see you posting here sir.

Hey, has anyone had Dorkman's problem with the iTunes download of The Fifth Element?

He pointed out that his download of Terminator Salvation didn't work on his iPhone, but that episode had a rocky adventure to iTunesland, and is still inexplicably in the RSS feed twice. The Fifth Element went up like a charm, and downloads fine to my computer.

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Wait, you guys have an RSS feed? Or just the iTunes feed thing. I jumped through hoops to get the iTunes feed to work without iTunes, but now it seem to only be downloading the .m4a versions, which don't work on a Fuze.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Heh. We had this conversation a week or two ago, about if aaaaaaanyone used the iTunes feed to get a file that they weren't going to watch on an iPod or in iTunes. People laughed me out of the room.

You can download the MP3 from the website, links occur weekly on Twitter, if you prefer to be notified.

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Counterexample! All it takes is someone running Linux, with Rhythmbox to download podcasts, and a Sansa Fuze to listen. QED! Anyway, download from the website it is.

Though, really, the Fuze should be able play AAC. It plays darn near anything else.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Actual humans use Linux?

My god!

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

downinfront wrote:

Heh. We had this conversation a week or two ago, about if aaaaaaanyone used the iTunes feed to get a file that they weren't going to watch on an iPod or in iTunes. People laughed me out of the room.

You can download the MP3 from the website, links occur weekly on Twitter, if you prefer to be notified.

I didn't laugh! I gave concrete examples of why I also want the MP3. And then you and Invid called me crazy.

[sniff] Just sayin'.

Warning: I'm probably rewriting this post as you read it.

Zarban's House of Commentaries